World Investor Week 2022 – FinTok Competition
Video Competition Guidelines and Conditions
Let’s Make Money Moves and win $500.00! Join the Securities Commission of The Bahamas for an exciting “FinTok” competition as we celebrate World Investor Week 2022. Produce and post a short TikTok video, 1 to 3 minutes long, focusing on one or more World Investor Week key messages. Be creative, original and fun.
Franklyn Butler – Chairman and Director of AML Foods Limited, Chairman and Director of Be ALIV Limited and director of Arawak Port Development Company and Bahamas Property Fund.
Royann Dean – Managing Director at ONWRD Advisors, Chairperson, Environmental Protection, Responsibility and Sustainability Committee
Carisma Tucker – Senior Officer, Securities Commission of The Bahamas
Who can enter?
- Bahamian citizens/residents 18 years of age or older.
Participants must submit a 1 to 3 minute video that presents to the viewers one or more of the key messages of WIW 2022 in an accessible, friendly, creative, original way. Key messages can be found on the Securities Commission of The Bahamas' World Investor Week 2022 page or on our social media pages. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The list below contains examples of topics and concepts that may be used, it is not exhaustive:
- Frauds and Scams Prevention: A smart investor avoids "get rich quick" and "can't lose" schemes; if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
- Crypto Assets: A smart investor does not forget about the importance of due diligence when considering any investment opportunity, including crypto assets.
- Investor Resilience: A smart investor plans for life’s unexpected challenges with budgeting strategies to manage risk, reduce the impact of inflation, and avoid high interest debt.
- Sustainable Finance: A smart investor considers whether an investment's stated approach to sustainable finance matches the investor's investment goals, objectives, risk tolerance and preferences.
- Competition period will begin 3 October 2022 and conclude on 19 October 2022.
- Submissions must be made by 11:59pm ET on 19 October 2022 to be eligible.
Video Submission Guidelines
- Entries must conform to the Official Rules.
- There is no entry fee.
- The length of the video should be 1 to 3 minutes.
- Entrants must use both of the following hashtags to enter: #fintokbahamas and #moneytok. By using these hashtags content creators will submit their participation into the contest.
- Entries should be appropriate viewing for all ages.
This is a not-for profit event.
- Content of the video must comply with the local laws of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas.
- Videos will not contain any other advertising / commercial content and in no way will constitute copyright violation.
- Short listed entries will become the sole property of the Commission and may be displayed publicly on websites and in any other manner deemed fit for purpose. The entrant, however, retains the right to use his/her material should they choose to do so.
- Participation constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in this competition, the entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by these Rules.
- Staff of the Commission, their immediate family, and immediate family of the judges may not enter the competition.
- A video that cannot be used by the Commission, no matter how well crafted, will not be accepted as a “winning” submission.
- Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused from participation in the contest.
- The Commission has final decision on acceptance of any submissions.
Entries that meet the submission requirements will be judged. The Commission reserves the right not to accept a submission or to disqualify any entrant or entry.
The judges’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
All entries will be judged using the following criteria:
- Effectiveness at conveying the key message(s).
- Effectiveness at conveying the World Investor Week 2022 key messaging available on the SCBs website or social media sites.
- Presentation: video originality, appeal, creativity.
- All entries will be treated equally. Any entry that meets the submission requirements is eligible to win the 1st place prize.
- Winners will be required to provide proof of age and Bahamian residency/citizenship.
- By accepting prizes, winners agree to not hold the Commission, sponsors and affiliates responsible for any claims or liabilities arising out of use of any prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused from use/redemption of prizes.
Prizes are as follows:
- 1st place - $500