The Securities Commission of The Bahamas (the Commission) is committed to the global effort to combat cross-border securities fraud. The Commission also recognizes that it is uniquely positioned to ensure the circumstances of the markets and industries it oversees, and the investors in the markets, are represented at global and local regulatory fora. To help it achieve its objectives, the Commission is a member of a number of international and local regulatory bodies and has entered into various formal agreements regarding cooperation and sharing of information with other regulatory bodies.
IOSCO The International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) is the global standard setter for securities and capital markets regulators. The Commission has been an ordinary member of IOSCO since September 1996. The Commission is also a signatory to IOSCO’s information sharing agreements. It became a signatory to Appendix A of the Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding Concerning Consultation and Cooperation and the Exchange of Information (MMoU) on 27 December 2012 and an A.1 signatory to IOSCO’s Enhanced Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding Concerning Consultation and Cooperation (EMMoU) on 21 November 2018.
The MMoU sets an international benchmark for cross-border co-operation and provides securities regulators with the tools for combating cross-border fraud and misconduct that can weaken global markets and undermine investor confidence. The EMMoU contains provisions aimed to keep pace with technological, societal and market developments and to bolster deterrence to better protect investors and the markets.
The full texts of the MMoU and the EMMoU may be found in the section below.
CGSR The Caribbean Group of Securities Regulators was established to provide a forum for Regional securities regulators to discuss issues facing Caribbean securities and financial markets.
GFSR The Group of Financial Services Regulators (GFSR) is comprised of financial services regulators in The Bahamas and includes the Securities Commission of The Bahamas, the Central Bank of The Bahamas, the Insurance Commission of The Bahamas, the Compliance Commission of The Bahamas, the Gaming Board for The Bahamas and the Inspector of Financial and Corporate Services (currently the Commission). This group serves as a medium for information sharing among members and is also used as a forum to discuss respectively unique and shared regulatory challenges. These agencies are signatories to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which allows information to be shared as a need to effectively supervise the financial services sector.
Part III of the Securities Industry Act, 2011 sets out provisions under which the Commission may provide assistance to domestic and foreign regulatory authorities. The Commission is a signatory to various mutual assistance agreements.
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14299 ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida 11 September 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14280 Democratic Republic of the Congo 19 August 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14272 Central African Republic 5 August 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14263 SC14267 Central African Republic 28 July 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14256 ISIL (Da'Esh) Al-Qaida Noor Wali Mehsud -16 July 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14229 Democratic Republic of the Congo 25 June 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14195 ISIL (Da'Esh), Al-Qaida et al 21 May 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14182 DPRK 11 May 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14179 Central African Republic 05 May 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Central African Republic Individuals and Entities 25 April 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14146 ISIL (Da'Esh), Al-Qaida et al 24 March 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14136 ISIL (Da'Esh), Al-Qaida et al 04 March 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14123 Democratic Republic of the Congo 25 February 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14124 Libya 25 February 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14118 ISIL (Da'Esh), Al-Qaida et al 23 February 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SCA/1/20(07) Seku Baluku 06 February 2020
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SCA/2/20(2) Amadou Koufa 04 February 2020
- IOEMA (USA)(Unilateral Sanctions) Directions 21 October 2019
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SCA/1/19(22) Nourredine Adam 06 September 2019
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SCA/2/19(18) Hassan Abdullah Hersi Al Turki (QDi.172) 09 August 2019
- IOEMA UNSCR Ref SC14068 Iraq Entities Removal 08 April 2019